FOLF would like to say a big thanks to all volunteers who helped at the Christmas Bazaar on Saturday, and to everyone who came and made the event a success.
Despite sickness playing a huge part and having to scale back the Bazaar very last minute, everyone helped to make it a great day.
Tickets are available to buy for the FOLF raffle until Saturday 16th December with lots of great prizes up for grabs. You still have time to buy tickets using the below link;
We had a Christmas Riddle sheet at the Bazaar and the prize was 6 bottles of Prime Hydration Drinks. The questions and answers to the riddles are below;
- When was the last time Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall on the same day of the week?
- Every year
- You can catch me easily, especially around Christmastime, but you can never throw me. What am I?
- A cold
- Which Christmas bird moved the slowest?
- Turtle Dove
- I come from the sky but i’m not rain. No two pieces of me are ever the same. What am I?
- Like Father Christmas I can travel the world, but I never leave my corner – What am I?
- A stamp
- When Father Christmas sets off from the North Pole during Christmas Eve, which direction does he normally travel?
- What bites but doesn’t have any teeth?
- Show me a ghost and i’ll buy the roast – Who am I?
- Kebabs the name and pulling sleighs my game – Who am I?
- When does Christmas come before Thanksgiving?
- In the dictionary
We had some really creative answers. 3 people got 9 answers out of 10 correct, they were Thomas (Year 4), Jax (Year 4) and Hugo (Year 3) we put all three names into a hat and the winner was Hugo – Well done Hugo!
Guess the name of the reindeer – again we had some really good answers. The name of the reindeer was Blitzen and the winner was Nathan (Xander in Year 2 younger brother) Congratulations Nathan, Blitzen is yours and ready to collect from the school office.
Guess how many chocolate coins in the jar – The jar contained 99 chocolate coins. We had some very close guesses. The closest guess was 97 coins by Jack & Chloe Thornton. Well done! The chocolate coins are ready to collect from the office – but don’t eat them all at once!
FOLF will let you know shortly how much was raised at the Bazaar.
Thank you for supporting us this term, all monies raised at FOLF events are used on “extras” to help the school and are not provided by the school’s budget. This could be supporting school for trips, to providing equipment when needed. Last year we were able to purchase iPad’s and charging stations for the children, as well as many other things.
FOLF wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year